SDN SOLUTION (CONTROLLER BASED NETWORKING)
SDN SOLUTION (CONTROLLER BASED NETWORKING)
Software-Defined Networking (SDN) is a network architecture that separates the control plane from the data plane in a network infrastructure. It allows network administrators to centrally manage and configure network devices, making networks more flexible, scalable, and programmable. It also allows for centralized policy enforcement, automation, and optimization of the network.
OVERVIEW OF SDN SOLUTION
SDN solutions typically consist of the following components:
- A controller: The controller is the central point of control for the network. It is responsible for managing the network devices, enforcing policies, and optimizing the network.
- Southbound APIs: The southbound APIs are used to communicate between the controller and the network devices. They allow the controller to configure the network devices and to receive status information from them.
- Northbound APIs: The northbound APIs are used to communicate between the controller and applications. They allow applications to control the network and to receive status information from it.
SDN solutions offer number of benefits, including:
- Centralized control: The controller provides centralized control over the network, which makes it easier to manage and secure the network.
- Policy enforcement: The controller can enforce policies across the network, which helps to ensure that the network is compliant with security and compliance requirements.
- Automation: The controller can automate network provisioning, configuration, and troubleshooting, which can save time and resources.
Overall, SDN solutions based on controller-based networking provide a more flexible, efficient, and programmable approach to network management, allowing organizations to adapt to changing requirements and optimize their network infrastructure.
There is number of SDN solution’s available and the enterprise need defines which solution they need to opt for. The best SDN solution for a particular organization will depend on the organization's specific needs and requirements.
USES OF SDN SOLUTION:
- To improve network security:
- To optimize network performance:
- To automate network provisioning and configuration:
- To troubleshoot network problems:
It is important to note that SDN is a broad and evolving field, with various approaches, protocols, and architectures. While this is a general overview, there may be specific implementations or variations of SDN, including those that may use the term "controlled-based networking" in a specific context.
FEW IMPORTANT TECHNOLOGIES AND TERMS RELATED TO SDN SOLUTION:
SD-WAN stands for Software-Defined Wide Area Network. It is a technology that simplifies the management and operation of a wide area network (WAN) by separating the network hardware from its control mechanism. SD-WAN utilizes software-defined networking (SDN) concepts to dynamically route traffic across a WAN.
SD ACCESS stands for Software-Defined Access. It is a networking architecture that leverages software-defined networking (SDN) principles to simplify and automate network management and provisioning. SD ACCESS provides a centralized control plane that abstracts and virtualizes network resources, allowing administrators to manage and configure the network through software-based controllers.
SD ACCESS typically combines multiple technologies, including SDN, network virtualization, and policy-based automation, to create a more flexible and scalable network infrastructure. It enables organizations to dynamically allocate network resources, manage network traffic, and enforce security policies from a centralized location, rather than configuring each network device individually.
SD-WAN and SD-Access can be used together to create a more agile, secure, and efficient network. By using SD-WAN to optimize WAN performance and SD-Access to control and manage access to the network, organizations can improve their network performance, security, and agility.
ACI is a Cisco proprietary solution for data centre networking that provides a policy-based approach to network management and automation.
Segment Routing is an IP-based routing technology that allows for efficient traffic engineering and path control in networks.
When it comes to software-defined (SD) solutions, ACI and Segment Routing can be used together to achieve specific objectives.
The skills required to be a SDN solution professional vary depending on the specific role and responsibilities, but some of the most common skills include:
- Knowledge of networking concepts and protocols.
- Experience with SDN technologies.
- Programming skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Communication skills.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING SDN PROFESSIONAL
The demand for SDN solution professionals is growing, so now is a great time to start learning about this exciting field. With the right skills and experience, you can have a successful career in SDN.
Software-defined networking (SDN) is a rapidly growing field, and there are many benefits to becoming an SDN solution professional.
Some of the key benefits include:
- High demand for skills
- Competitive salaries
- Challenging and rewarding work
- Opportunities to learn and grow
Here are some additional benefits of becoming an SDN solution professional:
- Increased visibility and influence
- Improved career prospects
- Personal satisfaction
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career in networking, then becoming an SDN solution professional is a great option. The field is growing rapidly, there is a high demand for skilled professionals, and the work can be very rewarding.
FEW COURSES AND TRAINING AVAILABLE TO BECOME A SDN PROFESSIONAL
Here are some courses and training required to become an SDN solution professional:
- Cisco SDN Training and Certification Courses. Cisco is a leading provider of SDN solutions, and their training courses offer a comprehensive introduction to the technology. These courses cover topics such as SDN architecture, SDN protocols, and SDN programming. Cisco also offers number of certification programs for SDN professionals, which can help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge to potential employers.
Cisco SDN Training and Certification Courses
- Open Networking Foundation (ONF) Training. The ONF is a non-profit organization that promotes the development and adoption of SDN. The ONF offers number of training courses on SDN, including the Introduction to SDN course and the SDN Controller Programming course. These courses are a great way to learn about the fundamentals of SDN and how to develop SDN applications.
Open Networking Foundation (ONF) Training
- SDN Boot Camps. There are number of SDN boot camps available that offer a condensed introduction to the technology. These boot camps are a great way to learn the basics of SDN in a short amount of time.
SDN Boot Camps
- Online Courses. There are number of online courses available that teach SDN. These courses are a great option if you want to learn SDN at your own pace.
In addition to formal training, it is also important to gain hands-on experience with SDN. You can do this by setting up your own SDN lab or by contributing to open source SDN projects.
Once you have the necessary training and experience, you can start looking for jobs as an SDN solution professional. There are number of companies that are hiring SDN professionals, including Cisco, Google, and Amazon.
LAN AND WAN TECHNOLOGY IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET YOUR CISCO SDN TRAINING:
Reasons for getting your Cisco SDN training from LAN AND WAN TECHNOLOGY ARE:
1.Reputation and Expertise: They have expertise in such kind of training programmes.
2.Course Content and Curriculum: It is industry driven and updated.
3.Practical Experience: provide practical experience by letting you work on live projects.