ENTERPRISE – ROUTING AND SWITCHING
Enterprise routing and switching is the process of enabling communication between devices on an enterprise network. This includes configuring routers and switches to route traffic between different networks, as well as configuring VLANs and other features to segment the network and improve security.
CCNP ENTERPRISE (ROUTING AND SWITCHING) CERTIFICATION
The CCNP Enterprise Routing and Switching certification is a professional-level certification from Cisco that validates your skills in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting enterprise networks. The certification is divided into two exams:
- 350-401 ENCOR
- 300-410 ENARSI
To earn the CCNP Enterprise Routing and Switching certification, you must pass both exams. The exams are 90 minutes long and each cost $300 USD.
There are many resources available to help you prepare for the CCNP Enterprise Routing and Switching certification, including:
- Cisco's official training courses
- Third-party training courses
- Self-study resources, such as books, online courses, and practice exams
- Cisco Live: Cisco's annual conference for IT professionals, which includes sessions on CCNP Enterprise Routing and Switching.
- Cisco Networking Academy: Cisco's program for training IT professionals, which offers courses on CCNP Enterprise Routing and Switching.
- CCIE Boot Camp: A training program that prepares you for the CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure certification, which is a higher-level certification than CCNP Enterprise Routing and Switching.
- There are different ways to train for the CCNP Enterprise Routing and Switching certification. You can take Cisco's official training courses, third-party training courses, or self-study.
- Cisco offers e-certification for the CCNP Enterprise Routing and Switching certification. E-certification is a self-paced, online certification program that allows you to earn the CCNP Enterprise Routing and Switching certification without taking a proctored exam.
The Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Enterprise Infrastructure certification is the highest level of Cisco certification for networking professionals. It validates expert-level skills in designing, deploying, operating, and optimizing complex enterprise infrastructure solutions.
The CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure certification requires passing two exams:
- A qualifying exam that covers core enterprise infrastructure technologies, such as routing, switching, security, and wireless.
- A hands-on lab exam that tests your ability to configure and troubleshoot complex enterprise networks.
The qualifying exam is 120 minutes long and covers the following topics:
- IP addressing and routing
- Network assurance
The lab exam is 8 hours long and tests your ability to configure and troubleshoot complex enterprise networks. You will be given a topology of Cisco devices and a set of tasks to complete. You will need to use your knowledge of the technologies covered in the qualifying exam to complete the tasks.
DEMAND OF CCNP ENTERPRISE AND CCIE ENTERPRISE EXPERTS IN THE MARKET
The demand for CCNP Enterprise and CCIE Enterprise experts is high in the market. As businesses continue to grow and adopt new technologies, the need for skilled network engineers who can design, deploy, and manage complex enterprise networks is increasing.
According to a recent Cisco survey, 83% of IT decision-makers say that they are facing a shortage of skilled network engineers. This shortage is expected to continue in the coming years, as the demand for enterprise networking expertise continues to grow.
CCNP Enterprise is a mid-level certification that covers a wide range of enterprise networking topics, including routing, switching, security, and virtualization. CCIE Enterprise is an advanced certification that is designed for experienced network engineers. It requires passing a rigorous lab exam that tests a candidate's ability to troubleshoot and solve complex enterprise networking problems.
The demand for CCNP Enterprise and CCIE Enterprise experts is high in all industries. However, some of the industries that are seeing the most demand for these experts include:
- Financial services
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A CCNP ENTERPRISE OR CCIE ENTERPRISE EXPERT
- Higher salaries: CCNP Enterprise and CCIE Enterprise experts typically earn higher salaries than network engineers with less experience.
- More job opportunities: The demand for CCNP Enterprise and CCIE Enterprise experts is high, so there are many job opportunities available.
- More challenging work: CCNP Enterprise and CCIE Enterprise experts are responsible for designing, deploying, and managing complex enterprise networks. This type of work can be very challenging and rewarding.
- Increased knowledge and skills: Earning a CCNP Enterprise or CCIE Enterprise certification will help you to increase your knowledge and skills in enterprise networking. This will make you a more valuable to your employer.
SKILLS ACQUIRED BY STUDENTS AFTER COMPLETING THEIR CCNP AND CCIE ENTERPRISE TRAINING
- Advanced routing and switching:
- Network security
- Wireless networking
- Network automation
In addition to these technical skills, students who complete CCNP and CCIE Enterprise training also develop few soft skills, such as:
- Problem-solving skills: The ability to identify and solve complex network problems.
- Communication skills: The ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Teamwork skills: The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
These skills can be invaluable in a variety of networking roles, from entry-level to senior-level. If you are interested in a career in networking, then CCNP and CCIE Enterprise training can help you develop the skills you need to succeed.
TOOLS USED IN CCNP AND CCIE ENTERPRISE TRAINING
- Cisco real devices. This is the most comprehensive and realistic way to learn about Cisco networking technologies. However, it can be expensive and time-consuming to set up and maintain a lab of real Cisco devices.
- Terminal emulators. These tools allow you to connect to Cisco devices over a serial or SSH connection. They are a great way to learn about the CLI and to practice configuring and troubleshooting Cisco devices.
- Simulators. These tools allow you to create virtual Cisco networks.
- Packet capture software. This software allows you to capture and analyse network traffic.
- Online courses and tutorials. There are many online courses and tutorials available that can help you learn about Cisco networking technologies.
1.What are the requirements for CCNP and CCIE enterprise training?
There are no formal requirements for CCNP and CCIE enterprise training, but most organizations will require that you have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in networking before you can enrol.
2.What are the different types of CCNP and CCIE enterprise training available?
There are a variety of different types of CCNP and CCIE enterprise training available, including:
- In-person training:
- Online training:
3.What are the benefits of CCNP and CCIE enterprise training?
There are many benefits to CCNP and CCIE enterprise training, including:
- Increased knowledge and skills
- Enhanced career opportunities
- Increased earning potential
4.How long does it take to complete CCNP and CCIE enterprise training?
The amount of time it takes to complete CCNP and CCIE enterprise training depends on the type of training you choose and your own learning style. In-person training typically takes 4-6 weeks, while online training can take anywhere from 6-12 months. Self-study can take even longer, but it is the most flexible option.
5.What are the costs of CCNP and CCIE enterprise training?
The cost of CCNP and CCIE enterprise training varies depending on the type of training you choose and the training provider. In-person training typically costs between $2,000 and $5,000, while online training can cost anywhere from $1,000 to $3,000. Self-study is the least expensive option, but you will need to purchase the study materials yourself.